Relax, It'll happen...

A couple trying to become a family. Finally pregnant after infertility & IVF...slowly getting used to the idea that we may actually have the baby we've been dreaming of.

Thursday, February 16, 2006

The best jeans ever??

As I am approaching the 12 week mark, I am actually relaxing. I am not obsessing about time - therefore time is going faster, and each day I become more convinced that we will be parents in September.

As happy as I was to discover that the dopplers at work were wonderful for a baby check whenever the urge hit, this week I moved on to bigger and better things. There are ultrasound machines in our department. My boss asked me the other day when I was going to have one of the techs scan the baby...What a brilliant idea! So on Tuesday I had an ultrasound at work. It was so amazing how the baby has changed since the 9 week scan. At nine weeks it was still quite blob like, on Tues it looks like a baby. We could see 2 arms, 2 legs, fingers, toes, and the little monkey was sucking its thumb and squirming all over. I rushed home to show T only to discover that the tape wouldn't play in our VCR...I was so disappointed I wanted to cry. I took the tape back to work and it played just fine, yesterday I tried it in our other VCR and it worked...There is really someone in there!

I am looking pregnant. I know that at 12 weeks this seems early. But I think that the woman in my family have some odd genetic defect that makes them pop out at the moment of conception. My mom, sister, cousin all in maternity clothes before the end of the 1st trimester. I am following in their footsteps. I have been wearing maternity jeans from the Gap. I love places that offer jeans in different lengths as I am only 5'2"...Last week I put them on and T went on and on about how great they looked and they may be the best pair of jeans I've ever had. What?!? I am usually rather petite (110lb) I wear a size 4, and apparently the stretchy panel maternity jeans are the best I've ever done?? Go figure - love is blind or maybe drunk....

T's mom and husband arrive tommorow for a visit. They are at our house until Sunday when the four of us head an hour west to the mountains to stay in a condo in Breckenridge. They ski/board, I can manage my way down the mountain on a board but will be sitting it out this go around. The image of me curled up on the couch at the condo reading a book while they are out skiing makes me happy. I like them, and they have been so incredibly supportive and generous during our struggle with infertility....but, she definitely takes more energy to deal with then the other sets of parents. I somewhat struggle with bonding with her, partially because of geography and partially because T and I have been to together for only 3 years. I want a closer relationship, but it doesn't seem to be coming naturally. My last MIL I knew from the time I was 19, we lived close and spent a lot of time together, so that relationship came easily, I wish it was that easy now.

Valentines day was nice, nothing too outragious, just dinner out at our favorite restaurant. Other highlights of my week include getting an appointment to have our hardwood redone on March 3...with 2 large dogs it is time. Getting an appointment with a fancy shmancy hair stylist on the day and time that I need it - tomorrow. I am trying to grow out my hair, it is so frustrating, I don't think that anyones hair in the history of earth has ever grown slower than mine. I was hoping pregnancy might make it grow quicker - no such luck! And here's a big one...Girlscout cookies arrived today!! Just what I need!

2 Comments:

At 5:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Completely disregarded everything you wrote after becoming blinded -consumed with ultrasound at work jealousy.

 
At 11:09 AM, Blogger Thalia said...

delighted to hear about the great jeans and the perfect baby. Hope you had fun sitting in the condo.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home