Relax, It'll happen...

A couple trying to become a family. Finally pregnant after infertility & IVF...slowly getting used to the idea that we may actually have the baby we've been dreaming of.

Monday, December 26, 2005

We've got a double!!

13d3dt

Second Beta 759...doubling time 42 hours. It is starting to sink in a little.

We told our families and close friends who knew that we were going thru the IVF. I wish that we had the luxury to wait. I repeatedly told them that it is "very early" and to please hold down the celebrations and fanfare for a while. My mom wanted to know when she could start buying things, I gave her a firm date of Feb 24.

Today I had to go buy some fat clothes. Over the past year I have gained 8 pounds ( I attribute this to lack of exercise and months and months of hormones) but up until a few days ago I still had clothes that fit. I am sooooo bloated ( I think from the progesterone) that I needed new pants. I can not wait until I am buying new clothes because of a baby belly - but this borders on ridiculous!

We recieved some sad news this weekend. T's brother and SIL miscarried on the day that we had our retrieval. They have 2 kids. The pregnancy was late in the 1st trimester. We didn't even know they were pregnant ( I think they were waiting to tell us because of the IVF) They were pregnant with triplets - naturally. T was completely stunned and really didn't know what to say. I will send a card this week. I thought of calling, but SIL and I are not super close ( have always lived very far away - never talk on phone) Maybe I should call... This news has made T and I even more cautious then we would have been, and I just really feel awful for them.

It has been a quiet few days. Although we are both nervous, we are also relieved. Relieved that for the first time in 18 months we are not trying to get pregnant. For the first time ever, we are there.

2 Comments:

At 6:43 AM, Blogger Kristi said...

That's a great second beta number, and very similar to mine (786). I'm so, so happy for you, and I completely understand the feelings of cautiousness. We've only told friends who knew about the IVF. No family members know yet, and won't for quite some time. Are you getting a third beta? Mine is today.

 
At 4:14 PM, Blogger April said...

What a wonderful feeling.

So incredibly happy for you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home