Relax, It'll happen...

A couple trying to become a family. Finally pregnant after infertility & IVF...slowly getting used to the idea that we may actually have the baby we've been dreaming of.

Thursday, December 22, 2005

Christmas miracles?

We will know the results of this cycle - our first IVF - in less than 24 hours. I have really hated the wait, but I am not really nervous. I think that the lack of nervousness is because I am fully expecting bad news. Its kinda like I am a little kid waiting for Christmas, and no matter how many times I count days or look at the calender the time does not go any faster. Unlike the little kid who is anxiouxly anticipating gifts I feel like I am waiting for a big lump of coal.

I am a big chicken and will not be peeing on any sticks. I think that in my mind by not testing I am just postponing the inevitable bad news, and since I really don't want bad news I'll just wait.I had a dream last night that I took several HPTs and they were all positive. I fear that may be the closest that I ever get to a positive. I have imagined the call that should come tomorrow around 2, and everytime it starts the same way "I am sorry..." So I wonder - does anyone go into the Beta (without having done a HPT) thinking "this is it, I just know that it worked" or is everyone as negative as me? Well meaning friends and family and even T tell me that I need to be positive...Is that possible? Is it possible that after having countless pee sticks that I have held up to the light and squinted at trying to see something - anything, that I could really be positive going into tomorrows test?

Three Christmas's ago I was back in the midwest with my family. It had been 4 weeks since my ex-husband had moved out. I was not in the best of spirits. I was depressed, angry, had a wicked cold and did not know what I was going to do. The only reason that I was in CO was so the ex could go to law school. I didn' t have any friends here because I had spent most of my time working to support the two of us. I was coming back to CO on Christmas day...coming back to nothing. For the first time - ever - I was on my own. I married young, too young. I graduated from college in June and got married in July at the age of 22. When my parents dropped me off at the airport on Christmas evening I felt like I might as well be going to the moon. My flight had a lay over in Chicago. I was looking at the monitor to find my next gate, when a man from my flight asked where I was going. I said "Denver" and he said "me too"...he asked if he could buy me a beer, I accepted. 13 months later we were married.

That Chistmas was the luckiest day of my life. Maybe Christmas is a lucky time for me. Maybe great things happen to me when I least expect it, or maybe finding T on that night was my one big miracle, maybe there are no more miracles left for me. I guess I will find out tomorrow.

1 Comments:

At 9:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have all my fingers crossed that you get great news tomorrow! Merry Christmas.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home