Relax, It'll happen...

A couple trying to become a family. Finally pregnant after infertility & IVF...slowly getting used to the idea that we may actually have the baby we've been dreaming of.

Tuesday, December 06, 2005

From slow to no

My eight follicles have turned into 3...This cycle is a bust. I think that we will do IUI, might as well since we have spent $3500 on meds. Tomorrow we have an appointment with the Dr. to talk about if he thinks a different protocol would have a different outcome. My gut says no. I am already on a very aggressive, poor responder protocol. I suspect that we will discuss donor eggs. We are open to that, and really quite positve at the prospect of me still being able to have our baby and for a biological connection with T. It's a lot to process. After the ultrasound on Saturday - when we discovered the smaller follicles had just died off - I spent the whole day crying. I am sad that this cycle didn't work, I am sad that we will be dropped from the shared risk program and will have to spend a lot more money, I am sad that every step that we take that is supposed to be getting us closer to having a family seems to be getting us further away, I am sad that my body's failure is the cause for so much pain for T and me.

3 Comments:

At 7:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

D,

I'm so sorry, I feel so badly for you.

Just a thought, and I do this to everyone, have you gotten a second opinion?

Regardless, it's a load of shit to end the year on and I feel for you. I can't imagine the sense of loss.

 
At 10:00 AM, Blogger April said...

D,

I am so incredibly sorry.

You're in my thoughts.

 
At 8:19 AM, Blogger Thalia said...

I'm sorry D that's horrible news. Is it for sure that the other follicles won't reappear? Mine were very very slow to show up this time...

In any case, it's horrible and I'm sorry that you're having to suffer through so much. Hoping that there is a little ray of hope here.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home