Relax, It'll happen...

A couple trying to become a family. Finally pregnant after infertility & IVF...slowly getting used to the idea that we may actually have the baby we've been dreaming of.

Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Counting down...

I called the office today and asked if we could move the Beta to Friday - they were very happy to do it. So, Friday it is. In less than 48 hours we will know. I am much happier that it is not on Saturday. This way, if the news is bad we can have time to process it and still have some hope of an OK Christmas weekend...not to mention I can start to drown my sorrows that much earlier.

I made it thru all 10 hours of work today. I am in a pretty good mood today. Today I have taken on the attitude of-it is what it is and I've done all I can do. This new attitude may change in a matter of minutes and without warning.

It is really quite evil that the meds that they give you to help you get and stay pregnant actually mimic pregnany symptoms. I have had mild cramping on and off since 2 days post transfer. The tiny part of me that lets hope live there would like to think that this is my baby finding a cozy place to reside for the next 9 months...The rest of me knows that cramping is a side effect of the Progesterone. I have pretty much learned to ignore all the "symptoms".

Everyone that I know that knows what is going on says to me " I have a really good feeling about this" I am glad that these people are supportive, but really! Would anyone say " Gee, I have a really bad feeling about this, I bet it didn't work" So, basically nothing that anyone says, including T ( who really thinks that it worked) helps me.

We will know Friday at 2. I wish I could just fall asleep and wake up on Sat...

2 Comments:

At 5:53 AM, Blogger Kristi said...

I'm glad you moved your beta. How many days past retrieval will that be for you? I was in your shoes exactly one week ago. I know what you're going through and how stressful it is. Take time out for yourself, and don't feel you have to run around like crazy preparing for Christmas. I have everything crossed for the best Christmas present ever.

 
At 10:52 AM, Blogger Thalia said...

Oh the waiting is very horrible, that's for sure. Keeping it all crossed for you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home