Relax, It'll happen...

A couple trying to become a family. Finally pregnant after infertility & IVF...slowly getting used to the idea that we may actually have the baby we've been dreaming of.

Monday, November 28, 2005

Same stuff different day...

Day two - the same as day one. What I said yesterday about the Menopur stinging "a bit", NOT true. It stings a lot! Yesterday I reconstituted it incorrectly (too much liquid with the right amount of med) so instead of having 1cc I had 2cc. 2cc seemed like a lot so I divided it into 2 shots. Those 2 shots were more dilute so they didn't sting as much. Today, all 150iu were in the 1cc and it brought me to tears. I am getting a nice collection of dime sized bruises on my belly. I felt just a little "off" today, nothing that I could put my finger on.

My first ultrasound is on Thursday. I am really nervous about the number of follicles. My RE told me going into this that he doesn't expect a large number. He said not to expect to have any embryos to freeze. My resting follicle count 6 weeks ago was 7-8...not too stellar.

I just watched a segmant on the national nightly news about the black market for fertility drugs. I think that it is good when they do stories like this - it helps make people aware of the problem. This particular piece did a nice job of tellling how emotionally, physically & financially draining infertility treatments are. They were not, however advocating buying drugs on the black market. I must say though, the idea of the drugs for about a 1/4 of the price is a little tempting.

3 Comments:

At 5:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I second the stinging of the Menopur. We did not make friends, BUT I have to admit I finally got a little better at those shots after a week or so. I found the fattest part (right next to belly button) and a couple of times (yeah out of 12) it stung on the same level as the follistim, i.e. nada.

Best to you.

 
At 3:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd never heard of a black market for fertility drugs. It kind of changes the game, doesn't it? I'll have to go exploring some dark corners and see what I can find...

 
At 5:08 PM, Blogger Liz said...

I had some stinging also from the Menopur. It's funny but I was also adding too much liquid. Although your dr didn't sound very optimistic about the amount of follies that might develop you never know.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home