Relax, It'll happen...

A couple trying to become a family. Finally pregnant after infertility & IVF...slowly getting used to the idea that we may actually have the baby we've been dreaming of.

Friday, November 18, 2005

And time drags on...

Well, I'm half way thru my ten days of birth control pills. I find it very ironic. I took the pill for 15 years in an attempt not to get knocked-up...now I'm taking them in an attempt to get knocked-up....Seems like I wasted an awful lot of money on pills that I apparently did not need.I am happy to at least have started the IVF process - even if it does feel like I am taking one step back in order to take 2 steps forward. I am actually excited to start the injectables - I want to get this show on the road - I want to see if it'll work. If all goes well, and the cycle does not get cancelled, we will know right around Christmas day - It could be a really great Christmas, or a really bad Christmas... I am anxious to know either way.

In the mean time, time is going very slow...Seems like the last 18 months have consisted of us waiting for something - waiting for ovulation, the two week wait, waiting for the IVF cycle...I am tired of waiting, waiting, waiting...

I mentioned before that my MIL likes to give me the "Power of positive thinking" Pep talk. I know that she means well, I know this. But when people say to me " You just need to be more positive" I interpret it to mean - they think the reason I can't get pregnant is because I am not positive enough - which to me is idiotic!

We have not been very private about our struggle with infertility. At this point it seems like everyone and their cousin knows. This includes most of my coworkers. I figured they would be more sympathetic to my moodiness, days of sadness, and missing work if they knew what was going on. So far this theory has worked. I have been blessed with a boss that has been and continues to be understanding about the whole process - I feel very lucky, because it could have easily gone the other way - she is a single woman with no kids and no desire to ever have kids. When it comes to our friends, like everyone else struggling to become parents, everyone we know has babies or are pregnant - we are officially the last childless couple.

Lately we have been in hiding - just not in the mood to socialize with the fertiles. This weekend we are breaking out of our shell and having friends over to watch the Ohio State / Michigan game. We along with a lot of our friends are OSU fans transplanted to Colorado. We will cook some corned beef and cabbage and hopefully enjoy watching a victorious OSU!

I am off today - I work 4 days one week and 3 the next. I am about to take a hot bath then go for a massage. This is my attempt to make my life as stress free as possible as the time just crawls by....

1 Comments:

At 10:09 AM, Blogger April said...

All the luck in the world to you as you begin this new step in your journey.

Thinking of you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home