Relax, It'll happen...

A couple trying to become a family. Finally pregnant after infertility & IVF...slowly getting used to the idea that we may actually have the baby we've been dreaming of.

Monday, April 24, 2006

More than half way

21 weeks 2 days...so far so good. I feel great. So far it is a textbook pregnancy. I had a Dr.s appointment this morning and all is good. Measuring good, cervix is "long and tight" and weight gain is 11 pounds. Just this week baby C has become a kicking fool! T was able to feel him kick on Friday - he was so happy! It is a really good feeling to be more than half way thru.

My new bestfriend is the U shaped pregnancy pillow that I sleep with. I LOVE to get into my "nest" at night. I was using a pillow between my legs, so when I turned over I had to move the pillow. The new pillow is wonderful!

I have totally finished cleaning out the nursery. There is actual baby stuff in there. I go in there and sit in the glider and just can't believe that we've made it this far! The crib is still in the box, we haven't felt adventurous enough to put it together. My mom bought us a bassinet. I opened the box with aspirations of putting it together. I saw that it had approximately 60 pieces, quickly put it back in the box and left it for T to do. He put it together Sunday morning.

Easter was nice. We had 5 couples (including us) There was a 5,4,3,2, &1 year old from 3 of the couples and the remaining 2 are pregnant. We had an egg hunt and a pot-luck dinner, it was fun. It was good to be able to enjoy being with our friends and their kids. Prior to concieving it had gotten to the point where we couldn't bare to be around them, we were becoming hermits.

Thursday we leave for a 10 day trip to Ohio. We are driving. It is usually an 18 hour drive when you are not with a pregnant woman who pees every 60 minutes. This could be an interesting trip. All 3 sets of our parents and my closest life long friends all live there. It is convienent on one hand and somewhat stressful on the other (trying to fit in a good visit with everyone). My friends are throwing me a shower on Sunday. A bit early, but this is probably our only trip out there this summer, so it was now or never. It will be interesting to see how much my family can fatten me up in a week!

Annoying things that people keep saying to me:
"Will you do IVF again?"
answer: Can you not see that I am still pregnant with #1? ....(we don't know if we would pursue this again,but why can't people just be happy for the one that we are pregnant with)

"It will probably be easy for you to get prengnant now that you've been pregnant"
answer: NO!!!... (Ok, it is possible that I could get pregnant without IVF, but VERY unlikely. I have a moderately high FSH 10.5, but more importantly I think that the last 4 eggs I had were used during this attempt. My resting follie count was around 7...time is not on my side. When people think that pregnancy is a cure for infertility it makes me want to scream!!!! )

Time is going fast these days. I haven't been able to say that in a very long time.

4 Comments:

At 8:06 AM, Blogger Kristi said...

It's so great to be over halfway there, isn't it? While my future nursery is still the "junk room" we'll need to clean it out soon. And I can relate to the hermit issue. All of our friends have kids, and when they used to have "kid-oriented" events, we wouldn't attend. It feels weird, now, to be able to be around babies when before it was so painful. Have a great time in Ohio, and at your first shower.

 
At 11:19 AM, Blogger Nico said...

Hi D,

I was just looking through the links of pg after infertility people on Thalia's blog... and noticed that we have the same due date! I hope you're doing well, and that your shower and trip were fun. :-)

 
At 8:52 AM, Blogger Thalia said...

It's fantastic that everything is going so well. You are well on the way now!

 
At 12:01 PM, Blogger Nico said...

I'm sorry you're also dealing with contractions etc. I hope that your ffn tests stay negative, and you don't have to be hospitalized!!! If you want to email about any of it at all, my email is noperiodbaby at comcast.net. 8 more weeks for both of us would be fantastic, let's hope we can both make it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home