Relax, It'll happen...

A couple trying to become a family. Finally pregnant after infertility & IVF...slowly getting used to the idea that we may actually have the baby we've been dreaming of.

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Did you stuff a pillow in there?

Today my parents went home after a five day visit. It was good. They are sooo excited about the baby ( this is their 3rd grandbaby). I survived all the baby shopping. Emotionally it felt too early, but logically I knew that I only had this time to do it with my mother, so I went with the logical side of me. My parents bought us the crib and dresser, bassinet, and will get the stroller and glider at a later date. I discovered that stroller shopping was the most stressful thing that I have encountered in a while. I was incapable of making a decision.

My belly is growing. T asked me the other day " Is that the baby or all the girlscout cookies?" I strongly recomended that he never bring up or touch my cookies again!

My mother was a crazed belly rubber this weekend. Today at work, one of the doctors asked if he could touch it - he did, to which he said "nice"...a bit strange. I had a quick ultrasound at work last week. The little monkey is growing, I can't wait to feel something in there. Maybe then it will feel "real". It's getting there, but not quite. I still get nervous. I still need my baby heartbeat check every 2-3 days (as I have no symptoms at all). I got a gift certificate to Motherhood in the mail today from one of my good friends. The rest of world seems to think that there will be a baby so I need to get on board.

Maternity clothes shopping with mom. I always love getting new clothes so I had fun. In the dressing room there is a pillow that you can strap on and it supposedly adds 3 months so you can see if the clothes will still fit. I tried on the first outfit, walked out, and my mom says" Cute! And you have the pillow in and it looks like it will fit in 3 months..." Uhhhh, no mom, that's all me. Very funny moment.

We have 10 days until the third set of parents come for a visit. For some reason they all pick a time in the same 6 week period every year.

15 1/2 weeks and things are good. I'm feel good physically and emotionally...

2 Comments:

At 6:52 AM, Blogger Kristi said...

When I went to Motherhood for the first time a couple weeks ago, I thought that pillow was the funniest thing ever. I wish I would start to show, as you are, instead of just looking like my dinner hasn't digested yet! So glad to hear everything is going well for you.

 
At 9:56 AM, Blogger Thalia said...

Good to hear that things are going so well - it sounds like you have some nice clothes, now, too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home