Relax, It'll happen...

A couple trying to become a family. Finally pregnant after infertility & IVF...slowly getting used to the idea that we may actually have the baby we've been dreaming of.

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Carson - the end and the begining





Yaaa!!! He is finally here. Carson was born on August 30th at 10:20 am. I was scheduled for a
C-section on Sunday the 3rd but went into labor early in the morning on the 30th. On Tuesday they were estimating his weight at about 9 1/2 lbs (hence the scheduled section) He weighed
9 pounds 11 oz - I can't believe that I grew someone that size.

The birthing experience was flawless. I have no long birth story. I went into labor ( it hurt!) they took me to the OR, gave me a spinal and some additional good drugs and out came a beautiful, big, baby boy! The chances of me giving birth vaginally were very low, so I am very glad that we went with the C-Section, absolutely no disappointment here.

Today Carson is one week old. He is breastfeeding like a champ! He sleeps good ( last night he went 5 1/2 hours then a feed, then 3 1/2 hours) . My recovery has been pretty much nonexistant, it is really strange- I expected it to be much worse. I didn't have much pain at all. I am getting around good, out walking and running errands, my many stairs in the house were not even an issue. My mom is here to help, but there is not much for her to do - I think she is bored.

I can stare at him for hours. I love breastfeeding. It has occurred to me that it is the one thing related to pregnancy that my body can do without medical intervention - I love it!

This is my last post on this blog. Thanks to all for your support. Congratulations to the many new moms on the blogs that I follow and to those still on the journey to motherhood - you are in my prayers. D

3 Comments:

At 10:46 AM, Blogger Nico said...

Congrats, D! He's gorgeous :-)

What I think is super funny is that we had the same due date, both had the contraction issues, and both delivered by C-section on the same day!! That's a lot of coincidence!

 
At 3:51 AM, Blogger Prashant Soul-One said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 3:53 AM, Blogger Prashant Soul-One said...

Listen to these entrancing Lord Rama Bhajans, remember to keep aside your worries and immerse yourself fully into listening and chanting. The more you connect with it, the more will be the inexplicable experience of sheer peace and infinite grace.more at gurumaa.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home