Relax, It'll happen...

A couple trying to become a family. Finally pregnant after infertility & IVF...slowly getting used to the idea that we may actually have the baby we've been dreaming of.

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Near the end...


36 weeks 4 days - this is me, looking like a barrel and squinting at the sun!

2 words...I suck. I have dropped the ball on this blog and probably wont be picking it up anytime soon. I have directed my energy to a blog that I created for my family and friends to follow the last part of this pregnancy and to be able to keep them connected once Carson is born. I have truely appreciated all the support along the way - reading other blogs and having women who are going thru the same thing read mine, has been very comforting. I read blogs long before I began this one, and it really helped to know that what I was feeling was "normal" and that I wasn't the only one going thru this hell, because as all of you know, it sure feels like it out in the "real" world. This has been a journey, one that I am still on - one that I would not wish on anyone. The journey to motherhood has made me a stronger, more compasionate person, and has changed me forever. I wish all of you still on the journey the outcome that you are praying for.

No changes with the pregnancy. I am still contracting, sometimes a couple times an hour and some hours every 2 minutes! They are rather uncomfortable now, I would go so far to say that sometimes they actually hurt. No change in my cervix, 50 % efaced. Had an ultra sound on Friday. There is a reason that I am huge, he is measuring by US at about 7 1/2 pounds with 4 weeks to go until the due date of Sept 2. I hope they are a little wrong. I want a big healthy boy, but maybe not that big ( she said he could be over 9 pounds if I go till 9/2)

I am still working - but not really loving it. I am big, slow and tired - but wouldn't trade it for anything. I am up at least 4x a night (peeing) and my back is killing me. At 5"1' I am ALL baby in the front. I look like a weeble wabble, I did not turn into one of those "cute little pregnant women", instead a "used to be little, big pregnant woman who isnt feeling so cute"

The house is completely baby move in ready! I have nothing left to nest. I can't wait for him to come out so I can see what he looks like and make sure he is OK.

3 Comments:

At 7:52 AM, Blogger Kristi said...

I'm so glad you updated. I was beginning to worry about you. You look great, btw. Thanks for sharing the picture. And wow-you're having a big boy!

I hear ya on the back pain too. That's been my biggest complaint of the whole pregnancy.

Don't drop off the face of blogland completely. Post every once and awhile to let us know how you're doing. I missed you, since we're our due dates are so close together.

 
At 8:54 AM, Blogger Nico said...

You look great! And I can't believe your kid is so big - yikes!

Good luck with everything, and please do at least post to let us know when he's born :-)

 
At 5:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello i got intresting link on Relaxation - Yoga Nidra is a highly powerful ancient meditation technique originated from the Tantras. It is the scientific way to eliminate the root cause of all the negativities.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home